Scholarships, such as departmental or private scholarships (e.g., Presidential Scholarships), are available based on submission of the General Scholarship Application, which opens on October 1, once admitted to the university.
*More information below regarding the scholarship application process.
Presidential Scholarships are the most prestigious scholarships awarded at Mississippi State. These are awarded to, on average, 40 of the most outstanding entering freshmen on a competitive basis per year.
- This scholarship is worth approximately $75,000, which covers tuition and **housing for four years of undergraduate study, as well as $6,000 for study abroad and $4,000 for undergraduate research
- Non-resident students may also receive a scholarship to cover up to 100% of the out-of-state portion of tuition
- Presidential Scholarships replace Academic Excellence and Colvard Future Leader Scholarships
- Minimum 30 ACT (1360 SAT)
- Outstanding high school academic record with a scholarship GPA of 3.75
- Exceptional high school and community leadership
- **Fully covers cost of double-occupancy on-campus residence hall space for up to four years. Additional details about maintaining the housing scholarship and options for the third and fourth year are available at https://www.housing.msstate.edu/current-residents/scholarships.
Deadline: December 7
*Steps to apply for Scholarships at MSU
The General Scholarship Application (GSA) opens on October 1st. The priority date for entering freshmen to submit the GSA is December 1st.
- Students must first be admitted to MSU.
- Log in to your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword.
- On the Banner tab, under the Financial Aid and Scholarships column, click "Submit/Revise General Scholarship Application."
- A new window will pop up, and you'll need to log in again using your NetID and NetPassword.
- When you're logging in for the first time, you'll need to complete the general application.
- Don't forget to click the "Save" button! When you're returning after your first log-in, you'll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.