The Presidential Scholarships and the Provost Scholarships are MSU’s most prestigious freshman awards. Each scholarship is awarded to 10-12 of the most outstanding entering freshman on a competitive basis.
Please note that our scholarship programs are reviewed each year and are subject to change. The information provided below is for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Priority Deadline: December 1, 2016
To apply for these scholarships, the Shackouls Honors College application must be submitted by December 1, 2016. To access the application click here.
- This scholarship is worth approximately $75,000, which covers tuition, fees, *room and board, research fellowships, and books for four years of undergraduate study
- Non-resident students may also receive a scholarship to cover up to 100% of the out-of-state portion of tuition
- Presidential Scholarships replace Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Minimum 30 ACT or 1330 SAT
- Outstanding high school academic record with a scholarship GPA of 3.75 or higher
- Exceptional high school and community leadership
**Fully covers double-occupancy on-campus housing for up to four years, with an option to partially cover off-campus housing for the third and fourth year.
- Academic scholarship of $8,500 per year ($19,000 per year for non-resident)
- $4,000 scholarship for study abroad
- A research grant of $1,500 for academic research and/or creative discovery
- A one-summer optional tuition credit of $1,000 ($2,400 for non-resident) and one summer of free housing in Griffis Hall
- An optional $750 travel grant to a conference (to be provided by Honors)
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.75 or higher
- ACT composite score of 30 or higher OR 28 ACT with at least a 34 ACT sub score in the area which is indicated as a research area