NOTE: The Shackouls Honors College encourages all qualified applicants to apply* to the Honors College by the December 1 priority deadline. However, earlier applications are preferred. Applications submitted after December 1 will be considered only as space allows.
* Deadline for Transfer, International, and Current MSU students is June 1, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed by the Honors Advisory Committee. Admissions notifications generally begin to go out in February.
All students seeking to join the Shackouls Honors College must:
- First be admitted to Mississippi State University
- Submit the online Honors application
- Submit the Honors application essay (Essay Guide).
- Submit the names and email addresses of two teachers who are willing to serve as your recommenders.
** Remember, you must first be admitted to Mississippi State University to apply to Honors.
As an incoming freshman, Honors students will have the privilege of living in the Honors Residential College (Griffis and Nunnelee halls). If you wish to live elsewhere, then you will need to fill out the Housing Exemption Form, found here.
Once you have logged in: Click on the Shackouls Honors College logo to proceed with your application.